Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day which definitely rings some chimes of thankfulness in my heart. God's goodness and life's goodness has most evidently been shown to me through the women in my life. 

I have seen these women be delicate, strong, proud, beautiful, intelligent and achieving and it is because of them that I have pride and hope in my own womanhood. 

I thank God for these women, who are a rich fountain of endless blessings, wisdom, and nurture to me. With all things, I am 
truly blessed. 

"We all wanted the real mother, the blood mother, the great womb, mother of fierce compassion, a woman large enough to hold all the pain, to carry it away. What we needed was someone who bled, someone deep and rich as a field, a wide-hipped mother, awesome, immense, women like huge soft couches, mothers coursing with blood, mothers big enough, wide enough, for us to hide in, to sink down to the bottom of, mothers who would breathe for us when we could not breathe anymore, who would fight for us and maybe even die for us."-
White Oleander

No comments: