Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Old Soul


My soul has traveled far to yonder ocean,
it has walked the sands and stood beneath the rains.
My soul has danced to the victory songs,
it has grazed the desert grounds.
My soul has shook the hands of stragglers, 
it has tasted wine with the royality. 
My soul has been far and wide. 

My soul has journeyed through the fire,
it has stood in danger's presence.
My soul has known the short comings,
it has flown to places of high and low.
My soul has cried for what never was,
it has traveled, traveled long, into what is.
My soul has been far and wide. 

My soul is trapped in this humble frame,
it is caged by rib bones, muscles, skin.
My soul defies the physical age,
it has lived much longer than this mortal time.
My soul is calling out, longing to be heard,
it is the essence; the psyche, my whole.
My soul has been far and wide. 

No comments: